The Rose Theatre on Bankside
The Rose Theatre: Forthcoming Productions
- The Rose: The Rose holds a unique place in the history of English renaissance drama, with the 1989 discovery of the theatre's remains adding to the rich knowledge already obtained via owner Philip Henslowe's 'diary' and Edward Alleyn's personal documents held at Dulwich College. Many of Marlowe's plays were in The Rose's 1590's repertory, and the space is now once again staging small productions along with educational events.
- Education: Many of the events listed are combined with The Rose film and talks. Phone for details.
- Open Days: The site is open to visitors most Saturdays, but phone to check.
- Address: The Rose Theatre, Bankside, 56 Park Street, London, SE1 9AS. Nearest Station: London Bridge [Map]
- Performance Times: Most productions at The Rose run every night Tuesday to Saturday starting at 7.30pm, often with matinees on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm.
- Booking: Tickets can be bought online at WeGotTickets, by ringing the Rose Theatre Box Office on 0207 261 9565, or by visiting The Rose in person on those days when an event is taking place.
- Email: You can also obtain information by emailing .
- Ticket Prices: Ticket prices and the latest info on all events can be found on the theatre's What's On web-page.
- Support: Get involved, donate or help raise the funds needed to complete the excavation by becoming a Friend of The Rose.
- The Rose Theatre Website: Visit http://www.rosetheatre.org.uk/ or click on the poster below for the latest detailed information about that event at The Rose website.
- News: The Rose was awarded a Heritage Lottery Fund development grant to enable it to continue with the next stage of The Rose Revealed Project [November 2012].
ANNOUNCEMENT: The site has been closed whilst the Trust restructures the organisation of the Rose's programme of events, Open Days and performances. From March 2017, The Rose open days resume on Saturday afternoons, including hands-on Archaeology workshops. Drama productions will resume in May 2017 with an exciting new programme.