Marlowe Day in Canterbury
Itinerary and Ticket Details
The full itinerary for Marlowe Day 2006, which will take place on Saturday 27th May in Canterbury, is produced below.
All members of the society are welcome to attend. Tickets for the full day (lunch and lectures) are priced £13, and can be obtained by sending a cheque together with a SAE and your details to the Events Secretary.
After the ceremony, everyone will repair to the nearby Canterbury Environment Centre (previously St Alphege's) for the talks and a buffet lunch, which can be found on St Alphege Lane, just off Palace Street.
Marlowe Day: Saturday 27th May 2006
- 10:45 - Assemble at Marlowe Memorial in front of the Marlowe Theatre, Friars Street, Canterbury, CT1 2AS.
- 11:00 - Laying of Floral Tribute.
- 11:15 - Head for St Alphege Environment Centre, St Alphege Lane for lectures and lunch.
- 11:30 - "Exploring Key Concepts in Drama & Performance"
- A lecture to be given by Professor Ken Pickering, former Chairman of the Society.
- 12:45 - Buffet Lunch, including glass of wine.
- 14:00 - "Nature, Nurture, & War in Marlowe's Canterbury"
- A lecture with slides to be given by Marjorie Lyle, Society member and authority on the history of Canterbury. Books available.
- 15:15 - "Lust's Dominion - A Lost Marlowe Play?"
- A lecture to be given by Michael Frohnsdorff, Chairman of the Society, supported by readings from the play.
- 16:30 - Close.