AGM at The George Inn
Tickets Details and Itinerary
The 2007 Marlowe Society Annual General Meeting will take place on Saturday 24th February at The George Inn on Borough High Street, London. As is traditional, the AGM is set for the weekend closest to 26th February, the day of Marlowe's baptism.
The George Inn,
77, Borough High Street
London, SE1 1NH.
tel. 020 7407 2056
All members of the society are welcome to attend. Tickets are priced £15, and can be obtained by sending a cheque together with a SAE and your details to the Membership Secretary. A ticket application form was contained in information recently posted to all members.
The AGM will again be held at The George Inn, one of the oldest surviving galleried coaching inns dating back to the sixteenth century, and also boasting literary and theatrical links. Details of the closest tube stations and car parks can be found in this LondonTown.com review of the inn.
Marlowe Society AGM: Saturday 24th February 2007
- 10:45 - Gather for coffee at the bar and for the sale of raffle tickets.
- 11:15 - AGM commences.
- 13:00 - Buffet lunch.
- A selection of dishes, including vegetarian.
- 14:15 - Marlowe's "Massacre at Paris" - A Workshop with Mark Woolgar
- Mark Woolgar, Head of Acting at Richmond Adult Community College, will lead a workshop and discussion on his forthcoming production of Marlowe's Massacre at Paris with his students' assistance.
- Mark was formerly Head of the Dance and Drama Awards scheme and at Trinity College, London. He achieved fame during his time as Artistic Director of the Derby Playhouse, and has directed many outdoor Shakespeare productions. Mark was a prominent member of OUDS during his time at Oxford, and that was his springboard for moving into theatre production. This production of the Massacre at Paris will be presented by his students in the near future, and members of the Marlowe Society may be able to attend (though performances are likely to be at lunchtimes!). It is just possible that Mark might bring it to Canterbury for our Marlowe Day.
- 15:30 - Raffle to be drawn.
- 16:00 - Proceedings close.