AGM at The George Inn
Tickets Details and Itinerary
The 2009 Marlowe Society Annual General Meeting will take place on Saturday 28th February at The George Inn on Borough High Street, London. As is traditional, the AGM is set for the weekend closest to 26th February, the day of Marlowe's baptism.
The George Inn,
77, Borough High Street
London, SE1 1NH.
tel. 020 7407 2056
All members of the society are welcome to attend. Tickets are priced £16, and can be obtained by sending a cheque together with a SAE and your details to the Membership Secretary by 23rd February latest. A ticket application form is contained in the documents that are about to be mailed to all members.
The AGM will again be held at The George Inn, one of the oldest surviving galleried coaching inns dating back to the sixteenth century, and also boasting literary and theatrical links. Details of the closest tube stations and car parks can be found in this LondonTown.com review of the inn.
Marlowe Society AGM: Saturday 28th February 2009
- 10:45 - Gather for coffee at the bar and for the sale of raffle tickets.
- 11:15 - AGM commences.
- 13:00 - Buffet lunch.
- A selection of dishes, including vegetarian.
- 14:15 - "Marlowe and Machiavelli" - Andrew Burton
- Andrew Burton, a Canadian Researcher, will give a presentation on Marlowe and Machiavelli.
- 15:00 - "The Mysteries of Marlowe" - Peter Wales
- Society Chairman Peter Wales will give a talk on the background to the period in which Marlowe lived.
- 15:45 - Raffle to be drawn.
- 16:00 - Proceedings close.