How to Join the Society
We offer a very warm welcome to new members.
Members receive the two Marlowe Society Journals published annually, as well as invitations to all Society events. We hold meetings, discussions and lectures, as well as organising visits to places of interest connected to Marlowe and the Elizabethan age. Annual events include Marlowe Day and the AGM.
There are two ways to join The Marlowe Society:
- Print out a paper copy of the Membership Application Form, fill in your details, and send it by post to the Society Treasurer together with a cheque for the appropriate membership fee.
- Complete our online application form to submit your details electronically, and pay the membership fee separately by one of the payment methods listed opposite.
On receipt we will send you an introductory pack including the latest Newsletter.
We offer the following types of membership:
- UK Standard Annual: The standard annual rate for an individual member in the UK.
- UK Concessionary Annual: The reduced annual rate for an individual concessionary member in the UK, including full-time students, seniors and the unwaged. Please provide details.
- UK Joint Annual: This is the combined annual rate for two members residing at the same UK address, giving a reduced rate per member.
- UK Five Year Membership: Rate available to any individual member living in the UK who wishes to join the Society for 5 years. This rate represents a small saving on the equivalent annual rates, and avoids the need to renew your subscription every year.
- Non-UK Annual:: The annual subscription rate that applies to any individual member living anywhere outside the UK.
- Life: A single payment guarantees membership for life.
As a registered charity, The Marlowe Society can claim Gift Aid on membership subscriptions and other donations. For every £1 you give, if you are a UK taxpayer we can claim an extra 25p from HMRC.
If you have not already done so, please help make your support go further by completing the Gift Aid Declaration and sending it to the Treasurer. Once you have made a declaration, it will cover all eligible donations and membership subscriptions in the last four years until you cancel your declaration by writing to the Treasurer.
Subscription renewals are due annually on 1st February:
- Download the Subscription Renewal Slip, print it out, fill it in, and send it to the Treasurer along with your Cheque.
- Set up a Standing Order with your bank using the Standing Order Form. Please also notify the Treasurer.
- Make a Direct/Internet Bank Transfer to the Marlowe Society account (details on the right). Please also notify the Treasurer so we can expect your payment.
- Make a PayPal payment using the button on the right after selecting the appropriate Membership Type.
Please also keep us updated with any change of contact details by e-mailing the Website Editor.
|UK Standard Annual||..........||£|
|UK Concessionary Annual||..........||£|
|UK Joint Annual||..........||£|
|UK Five Year||..........||£|
All subscriptions should be paid in sterling.
- » Cheque: Make payable to "The Marlowe Society" and post to the Treasurer.
- » Standing Order: Download the Standing Order Form, fill it in, and send it to your bank.
- » Internet Banking: Payments to:
Bank: , Branch Sort Code: Account No: IBAN: SWIFTBIC:
Please include a reference that identifies payer.
- » PayPal:Select Membership Type and click 'Pay Now'.
Note: Please make all payments in STERLING ONLY.
All UK taxpayers can increase the value of their membership subscriptions and other donations by 25% at no extra cost to themselves.